Bald Bear Triathlon
Race Type: Triathlon
Distance: 0.25 mi. Swim / 16.2 mi. Road Bike / 2.2 mi. Run
- Registration will be held inside the Lodge.
- *There will also be registration and packet pick up on Friday 7/29 from
- In order to receive your number, you must have a USAT membership. If you are a USAT member, have your membership card and photo id with you and ready to show. If not, you will need to purchase a 1-day USAT membership for $10 cash or check only. There is a USAT waiver/form that can be found near the registration table and must be filled before you get your number.
- Race T-Shirt and Goodie Bag
- Post Race Deck Party with buffet provided by Bear Creek
- Entry into random drawing for post race prizes
- Swim cap
- Just a short drive from Philadelphia, Reading, or Allentown, Bear Creek Mountain Resort is a first-class venue. Stay for the weekend and enjoy all of the amenities including, Full Service Spa, Indoor/Outdoor pool and hot tub, Multiple dining options, as well as boating, fishing, and hiking. Trimax provides the ultimate experience in Triathlon racing, from the top-shelf awards, prizes, and food to the well-marked courses, professional traffic control, and accurate timing and results.
- The swim course starts at shore of the Bear Creek’s large pond. You will circle the 0.25 mile triangular course counterclockwise, keeping the large orange buoys on your left. Use caution as you exit the water as grass may be slippery and follow orange cones and flags as you head to transition 75 yards away.
- The water temp. for this time of year is typically in the mid to high 70s. Wetsuits will be allowed if the water temperature is 78 degrees or below.
- The road bike course is a 16.2 mile loop on mostly rural roads around the resort. There will be traffic control personnel at all intersections. Use caution, the course is open to automobile traffic. Don’t be fooled by the distance. With some difficult steep climbs along the course, it’s doubtful you will be asking to ride another pedal stroke by the time you reach T2. Luckily, you will encounter fast descents where you can shave time and balance out the tough climbs.
- The run course is a 2.2 mile loop that will be contested on paved and gravel trails around the resort. Again, the distance is deceiving. After circling behind the lodge, you are faced with ½ mile uphill jaunt. Well, this is a ski resort in the winter. Once you reach the top of the climb, you’ve got a ¼ mile downhill sprint to the finish line.
- Opens at 6:00am on Race Day. First come, first served; there are no reserved bike spots. TA is only for racers and you must show number to enter. There is sufficient space for typical race gear so leave your oxygen tanks and recliners at home. Be advised that TA is secured by race staff until the last runner finishes.
- Overall- top 3 male and female finishers. Overall winners are removed from age group awards.
- Age Groups- top 3 male and female finishers
- Age Group Breakdown for Male and Female are 19U, 20-24,25-29,30-34,
- Relays- Medals to 1st place Relay Teams
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort
- There will be Parking attendants directing traffic.
- Race day Registration will be held inside in the Lodge. There are several ways to get into the Lodge. The best way is to walk in between the the Lodge and Ski Rentals buildings through the walkway with the tall, silver light poles. There will be an entrance on your left into the Lodge. Once you enter the doors, Registration will be facing you in front of the bathrooms.
- Bear Creek Mountain Resort has a block of rooms for racers at a discounted rate! Use group code XTERRA when booking.